The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Erins list

Wadda great list!!! Ok, I don't know how to paste anything so I'll just try to answer.

Egg nog or Hot chocolate? It depends. Hot chocolate on a cold night and egg nog every other time. (Gee, why do I have a weight problem?)

Presents wrapped under the tree come from people/family and can appear the second the tree is put up. Santa's gift is unwrapped, with your full stocking leaning up next to it on Christmas morning. (Or you do the scavenger hunt thing. More on that later.)

I think a tree has to have as many different lights and as many loud ordaments as possible. All mine are hand painted or gifts from special occasions. I like to look a t the tree and see something different every time.

My favorite memory is one morning when we lived on Coughran, Santa had the boys go all over the farm looking for clues to find their present - the BIG one. They had to go to the tank where one was time to the end branch of a mesquite tree, into the chicken coop and get one off the roosters leg and under the feed in Tesses stall as she ate. It was COLD and the four of us could've cared less. I am smiling real big as I type this.

I was about 9 when I learned the truth about Santa. I woke up to an outfit (an 'outfit'?) - it was the one sitting out by my stocking. Mom asked me how I liked the pantsuit she got me. Bummer.

All gifts are opened one at a time on Christmas morning. It lasts a good 1 to 2 hours.

I put on Amy Grant (all 3 Christmas CD's),Manheim Steamroller and George Winston 'December' while Robert does the lite thing and I unwrap all the season paraphinilla (did I murder that spelling or what??).

I have a snowflake on top of my tree - wishful thinking.

I LOVE to give. I stink at receiving. Ask anyone. I never know what to say.

My favorite some is 'Mary's Song/ Breath of Heaven' by Amy Grant. Traditional is 'O Holy Night.'

Candy canes are ok, but I wouldn't write home about them.

I shop all year, am done by September so I can spend the last month or two just getting little fun things.

My favorite movie is a tie between 'National Lampoons Christmas Vacation' and 'A Christmas story.'

Wow. That ended up being long. Sorry!!

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

The scavenger hunt sounds like a fun idea! What was the present at the end?