The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Christmas Cards

When I was a little girl, we got Christmas cards from everyone - I didn't even know most of them. Mom and Dad would hang them up around the door post going into the kitchen and I always just took it for granted.

But now, man, did I ever take it for granted. I have come to the conclusion that sending cards is a dying art. No, I am NOT begging for cards, but am I the only one who really loves to get those things? We have 4 of them. Four when we used to get about 20 or 30. I always send them to my family - every year, and only my dad ever responds (and he's only good for one in three.)

So this year I made all my cards myself. See, I figured if they saw how much time and attention I gave, they'd break down, buy a box of 30 for $4.00 and put out the 39 cents. Sent them out three weeks ago. It ain't lookin good.

3 comments:

Cryssy said...

SOME of us don't have your address!!!! Gosh, some people!! Hee hee. By the way, you still good for taking us on a cart ride??

Rob said...

what about us? we send you guys cards every year!!! We dont make them, we buy the box but not for $4.00, more like $18.00. Love you!!!!!

Dana said...

I have mine bought but they aren't quite ready to send. Does that halfway count? Oh and by the way...I was going to blog on this too but you got to it first.