The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Monday, December 18, 2006

Paradox

The hardest thing (to me) in the entire world is doing right when you flat out do not want to. You smile when you want to scream and take the chewing when you know you're innocent. To be silent before false accusations, to speak out when it will only bring angry confrontations, to love when you ache to belt the person smack in the face. It's called a paradox. And it messes with my head.

We are an odd people, us Christians. I don't enjoy it all of the time. Sure, that doesn't change the way I react, sure I will continue to go against the ole base instincts . . but still, it ain't a picnic all the time.

1 comment:

Amy said...

My dear friend. One of the things I love most about you is your complexity. Being with you is like riding the Tilt-a-Whirl; one never knows in which direction you will be thrown, so you have to be "braced" for any and all scenerios. Please don't mistake this as a negative - I often feel dull and common around you and your passion for all things. Your take on relationships and life in general keep me thinking, and make life interesting. I love you.