The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Friday, December 01, 2006

Scrooge

I was watching a movie ('Scrooge') and saw this guy (Albert Finney/Scrooge) watching his past, and his concentration was so intense, it actually made my eyes smart. To actually watch our pasts with no ability to change a thing . . .

The ghost of Christmas Past asks him why he let her (Isabel) go and he says; "I've never been quite sure", and then he is made to go see exactly what happened. At one point, he cries; "No! Don't go! It's a mistake!" and then, glaring at the young man who made those huge errors (ie; himself) he sneers; "You fool!"

How foolish is it to venture into the 'What-could've-beens'? That is a place that lives in defeat and tears.

I think that will be part of hell. Pictures of chances lost, salvation offered but ignored, and the chance to be benevolent given, but rejected. To me, that would be worse, or at least as bad as intense fire and separation from God. "No! It's a mistake!"

I have no intention of finding out.

No comments: