The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Carols

Since I've become a Christian, about 24 years ago, I have always been bombarded with the "We don't celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday" stuff so much that my kids had no idea what 'Silent Night' sounded like - I'll never forget Rob coming up to me and asking me if I'd heard that one. I've shied away from Christmas carols like opposite ends of a magnet.

But tonight . . tonight Cissy led us in 'Hark the Herald Angel sing' and I thought my heart would bust flat out of my chest. It was amazing. The harmony, the strength, the spirit of the voices belting out that song! All out of ladies - most of whom you never hear anything save a muted laugh.

Rob and Jarred, I am so sorry. I SO blew it.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Cissy did do a good job; I wish we'd sung much more! Only one church we have attended sang "Christmas" songs, and the man who led them was one of the elders!! He had the most WONDERFUL booming voice, and no one dared cross him about it!!

Last night was amazing; let's keep the momentum going, shall we?!?

Love you!

Dana said...

Go check out my blog. Apparently, this is a soap box for me. Oops!

jenn said...

ah man, i can't believe i missed that! okay jackie, get up i know it's been a while! i love you :)