The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

After All



This blog was started with the intention of letting you know more of me and me getting to know more of me. So I'm trying to let as much of myself/life out as I dare. I hope that's okay.

Anyhow . . . It is so super rare to find a song that says something as close to 100% as a secular song can get to a time, a place, or a person in your life.

. . . and then you come across one that takes care of all three.

Ours is by Ed Bruce. This is Robert and I.


There's a parking lot
Where the corner cafe stood,
One of the places we first fell in love.
They've built a waterslide
On the bluff by the riverside
Where we first fumbled our way into love.
And you hardly ever hear it -
It's a golden oldie now
But you and I danced to it at least a thousand miles.
We ran with Bobby and his wife,
Her name I can't recall.
But we had lots of fun in love,
Hardly anything else at all.
All the things we knew
Are turning brown and gray with age or gone
It's funny how the years go by -
I can't help but wonder why.
Sometimes it doesn't seem that long.
After all these years
After all the joy and tears
After all is said and done
After most of everything we knew is gone
I still love you.

Man. So me and Robert.

2 comments:

jenn said...

Rosie:
I cried as I read how much you love your Robert. And I know He too loves you the same way and all I can say is that....everyone wants to be loved like that!! I love you both so much and "your love" gives us all; especially the teens; such a wonderful example of how christian married couples should love each other. No barriers----just plan ole love!! WOW!!!!!

jenn said...

ditto, mom!
i do love your love and love when love like that is shown!
now to not be sappy--- i wrecked my truck in November of 95 and slept on the couch for a few days after that, my room was upstairs with a mattres on the floor and the couch was easier. the first night there, i heard "out with a bang" my David Lee Murray (he had 2 songs only) this soung didn't have anything to do with car crashes, but i thought of myself being "out with a bang" and everytime i hear it i think of that day and how i felt, where i landed, where the truck landed, seeing the wreckage that i jumped out of, walking to the house, talking to that man and then hearing my mom's voice when i told her what happened (that's when i cried--at her hello)it's funny how 1 thing can bring back so much!
i love you!