The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Friday, September 22, 2006

Not an unanswered prayer.

Okay, so when I went to that 'non-denominational' Bible study thing, I was told that there was a waiting list. Seems everyone want in to this thing. In fact, there was this wonderful older lady who was talking with the chick who held our session (her hair was all spiked and cemented still - it was so SO hedge hog. Is it okay if I go ahead and call a spade a spade?), that she hadn't been placed in a study group yet and was it because she "was a 78 year old woman who had nothing to add?"

Anyhow, Mrs Hedge Hog told her that wasn't it all all, they were just so crowded. So, because I didn't care at all for it, and had more than a few scriptural problems (I blogged about it - remember?), I went away confident that I was safe.

Got the call yesterday that I'd been placed. I was not a happy camper about it and on my way to the stables, I asked God what I should do about it. After all, I told Him, I am just a 'trouble maker' and how could I give Him a good name by being so 'Chruch of Christ' in that pluristic world?

Not 2 seconds, and I mean, not 2 seconds, Mercy Me's song 'Good-bye Self' came on the radio.

I smiled and thanked God for his prompt reply.

Pray, pray, pray for me! I can not, I CAN NOT give my Lord a bad name, or hurt His church. And I have such a problem with people who are not scriptural. Help!

Did I mention that I need prayers?

3 comments:

jenn said...

oh chicky i love you so much! You are such a wonderful sister and such an inspiration to me!!!
I will pray about this. all i can say is to presnt witha gentle spisit, speak the TRUTH in love and let God use you. i have full confidence in His leading hand that you will do great! love ya so so much!

jenn said...

Rosie: No Doubt in my little feeble mind that YOU WILL DO IT and DO IT GOOD!! Thanks, for not making us fish you out of a BIG Fish---thanks for saying: "Yes Lord send me!" God knows you can handle this; just go slow....listen...and follow his lead. Please don't do like your horse and take off, because God can and will shut the gate!Ha!! Remember he does have a sense of humor. I love you so much and I am so.....proud of you. I am also thankful you are on my side. Whew......I would not want to go one on one with you. Ha!! I will pray for you--do your stuff. love, rosie

Jaci said...

wow!!! I dont even know what to say!!! just that I will be praying for you!!! love you and miss you guys!!!