The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Friday, September 08, 2006

I'm Too Fat for Egg Shells

Isn't it rotten to have to spend your life walking on egg shells?

Don't you hate to be in a relationship that requires you to watch not simply every word that you speak, but the tone in which you speak it? I'm not talking about tact. I think we should be careful to make sure we're as uplifting as we can (at the risk of sounding Christian), but to have every sound that you speak - - have every facial tick scrutinized for the slightest possible negative intonation? I mean, how can you enjoy being around a person who does that??

ok, so it goes without saying that you can't be close to every single person you come in contact with. Fine. Still, I hang with a few people who I thought were close friends/family, but then realized (ironically through my little sister) that if you have to be that careful all the time, are you really as close as you thought?

But more importantly, is the relationship worth it? Is it possible to be happy to see that person coming without dreading that you might slip and pay for years?

I don't think so. I really think I am finished with pretending close ties with those who can't handle it.

To quote a song . . "I'm Movin on..."

No comments: