The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Ruby

Two posts in one day? What? Am I sick? Or am I hooked?

Just got to thinking about my oldest, Rob. As usual, we're involved in one of those "I'm grown up now, Momma. Let me make my own decisions." - - - "But, baby, you'd be so much better off if you'd just listen to, adhere to, chisel in stone every single thing I say and then never make a move without me" kind of things. (So what's his problem???)

So here we are, back and forth, and Rob comes out with this; "I love you so much, Momma."

I love you so much, Momma.

He's always said that it is his goal to be just like his daddy. He's so on his way.

And he's called 'Ruby' to me because he is, and always has been my priceless gem. I've called him that since infancy.

Pretty prophetic, huh?

1 comment:

Cryssy said...

Priceless is definately the word. Rob is special. No matter what he goes by now, he will always be Robby to me. And he will always be the first one to send me a rose, God love him.