The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Spinnin my Wheels

Have you ever been at a point in a relationship that you realize is dead? I mean, there you are, you've put more prayer and more heart into a person than you have even to yourself and there's no way anything is changing - unless it's for the worst.

So you try harder and the situation gets worse and so you back off, but you can't do that because when push comes to shove and it always does, you love that person. You love them.

Like a ball and chain, you are linked to them, and no matter how much you ache to leave it, leave them, leave a 'pull you down into the quicksand with them' relationship, still, you can't end it. Even when you think you've escaped it, still, one look and the pain that is your failure slams against your insides like a sledgehammer.

Maybe it's blood. Maybe it's cowardice. Maybe it's wisdom. Maybe it's God.

Whatever it is, I wish it would release me. I mourn peace.

And the scariest thing of it all is that I don't know how far I'd go to be free of this love.


No comments: