The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Friday, September 29, 2006

It twern't so bad.

So here I am, at my 'non-denominational' Bible study. This new-to-Christanity girl asks what is meant by the term, 'gospel'. The leader says that it's "Jesus.'.

'Jesus'? Just the name, like this brand spanking new chick to the Bible (she asked "Who came first, Christ or Paul?" . . k . . . ), would be able to understand what was so special about Christ. Like osmosis. Obviously the lead chick thought the new chick had heard the name so many time that morning, that all truth had absorbed into her very being.

. . k . .

So, Jackie {that would be me}, with gentle speech and tactful words (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PRAYERS - - -It obviously was not me that answered her - it was the Spirit through all those prayers!!!) explained about the death, burial, resurrection and the amazing empty tomb and the new chick got it.

It was so cool to be in control, if only for that little tiny while. And it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd feared.

So, don't stop with the prayers, k?

1 comment:

jenn said...

and i cry!
i knew you would be fine and God would be proud and be glorified! i'm so proud of you for attempting this and taking on this new challenge and glorifying God in a way that is out of the usual.

(that sounded better in my head) I love you bunches!