The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Silence

Forgive me, guys. I feel the need to wax poetic.

Silence is sometimes this comforting quilt. It's peace when it visits after times of great turmoil, or hurt, or anger. All that is needed to give it the 'comfortable' status is reason. Silence is a gift.

. . and then . .

Then again, it can be a cold, merciless master that sleeps in it's apathetic stupor, unaware or uncaring that it's in charge. It can cause more pain than anything that has come before it, because it's existence proves it simply doesn't care.

I'm finding that there is no way to have peace when it reigns.

3 comments:

Cryssy said...

Ah, you finally figured out what is wrong with me....that is my daily inner battle! I long for silence and then am miserable in it.

Jaci said...

silence .. you want it when someone or something is bothering you, but when you dont hear from someone it makes the days seem that much longer .. you want silence .. but not from the person you are getting it from .. (this is just me, not speaking about you, this is about me, just fyi :))

Dana said...

I think I hear Simon and Garfunkel gentling playing in the background...