The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Egyptian Cotton

"Egyptian cotton!! Egyptian cotton. I'm telling you, Jack, you don't need to buy anything ever again other than Egyptian cotton."

My mother in law, Barbara, is a less than gentle soul when it comes to making her opinions known - yes, Cryssy, there is worse than me out there!. She has an opinion on EVERYTHING and makes sure she voices that opinion. This is the way she is about the most miniscule things - salt, grass seed, paper plates - I've never known a woman who was so furious in her idea.

She thinks and makes sure that everyone in her sphere of influence knows her feelings that there is only one option on the face of the earth (and probably heaven) where you need to go for linens - Egyptian cotton. (When I think of Egyptian cotton, I think of the movie 'Uptown Girl'.) She got mad at me when I had no idea there was stuff out there that was 400, 600 and 900 thread count. She was furious that I gawked at the price. Her face would contort to this severe reprimand look and she would go on and on . . .

. . .and on and on . . .

. . .and on and on . . . .

Until it became the joke of the house. Rob, Brandee, Robert and I would smirk about everything we touched that was made of cloth - -was it Egyptian Cotton? Phlem wad and blasphemer!!!!

I came across some for sale - really good sale and bought them. Laughing at how proud Barbara would be of me, I made the bed, thoroughly entertained that I am a 45 year old woman still intimidated by Roberts spunky little mom.

And oh my word . . . she was SO right. They're amazing! It's like a stupid caress, like you're sleeping on cream (dry, of course!). Unreal!!!

Anyone need to get any queen cotton sheet sets?

2 comments:

Jaci said...

hahah .. ok .. now maybe I will have to try them!!!! Hahaha .. gotta go .. James is licking the oven .. ???? .. weirdo .. love you guys!!

jenn said...

wow sometimes the opinions of the opinionated ARE facts!!!! :) i like them too but do not own them (i don't remember how but i have felt them before) huh!