The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

An Hour of Time

"Time is a wheel in constant motion. It's always rolling us along.
Tell me who wants to look back on their youth and wonder where those years have gone."

You turn right and take your eyes off the road for a second and BAM. You get in an argument and out of your mouth come hateful things that hurt - not just for today, but for always. Every time I make a wrong move, I wish there was some way to have those minutes back right before that decision to change it. But time refuses. Every time, she says no.

Yeah I know, life is life and you deal with decisions made, ok, I understand that.

But why not make those decisions good ones? Why not choose the good? Honestly, as Christians, isn't the decision on how to act and react out of our hands? Sure, we're human, but come on. We can do better, right?


If you had just an hour to get the house clean as good as you honestly can and then receive 2 million 4 hundred thousand and 789 dollars for the work, would you waste that time? Wouldn't that hour become precocious? Wouldn't that hour provide the means to an end?

I say all that to say this; Time is merciless. Like a vise, it turns constantly, pulling life from us whether we fight it or not. It always wins.

And it's the only thing that gives us a chance at hope.

3 comments:

jenn said...

man, you spoke right from my heart! my mouth ALWAYS speaks before my brain thinks and my heart feels it. and the most wonderful person in my life is the one that suffers for it. i have to disagree -or maybe not--you may have meant what i feel and i'm just taking it the wrong way- i don't think that the decission to do and say what is right is out of our hands, God gave us the power of choice so we could make those decissions, He gave us the perfect example to guide us into the right decission and the Holy Spirit gives discernment. But in the end it is our decission to make. We have the power to fulfill the verse that says "be holy as I am holy" i can't remember verse and don't have Bible with me. I do agree that as we become Christians that choice should become easier and that striving for holiness becomes a part of our everyday lives.

okay--how was bible study?
I changed the color of my blog (for you with bad eyes...i thought tht orange was good, SORRY!

jenn said...

okay, makes perfect sense! we are speaking the same language, just with different dialect!! :) thank you for explaing your brain. i din't mean to argue...but it turns out i didn't!

okay i change the pink post in my blog (i love that boy) it's now purple...i think it will be okay for you!! it's a good one! have a good day! lovies! :)

Jaci said...

dang it, I did a comment but it didnt show .. I will check tomorrow to see if it shows, but if not, I will re-post it