The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Words

It has occurred to me that maybe the only person we should be 100% open with is God and God alone.

I have hurt someone by my big fat mouth. And it doesn't matter that I never meant to, that I would just 'a soon' kill a pig than hurt this person (I have come to love her so much she makes my day with her smile), still, inadvertently, I did. Just by not thinking before I spoke. Just for thoughtlessly disregarding how my words might appear. Just by being obtuse me.

Words will always hurt even if forgiven years ago. Actions will always be remembered no matter how long forgiven. Our jobs on earth are to be encouraging, to spouses, and closer than kin friends.

Please don't bombard me with "but, Jackie, if a friend is really a friend . . ." or anything that would justify mean, thoughtless, or hurtful words. I have come to disbelieve that they are ok ever.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Yes, words and actions hurt. In the end, all that you can do is exemplify exactly how sorry you are. Now it is out of your hands. What they do with your apology is up to them. God took care of that on his part and you have on yours. Now it is in their hands concerning whether they hold on or let go. In the meantime, you grow and try harder next time.

I know....easier said than done!

jenn said...

JACKIE HUTTON!!!! i love you more than i know how to express! i even love you when there are mistakes made, i know i will need you to love me past my mistakes too and often! i know that you will hang on to those words because that is how you stay reminded to be better. but i want you to know that those words are forgiven. i am so sorry that i made you worry about it! Dana is right; God forgave on His part, you have taken care of it on your part and the other part has been taken care of as well!!! i hope you know how important you are to me and how much i love you! BECAUSE you are and i do!!!!! smooches!