The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Hercules, Hercules, Hercules

Ok, so here I am at the show, and Hercules is all calm and sedate. I tell him to back and he says, "Ok. Is Tornado or Tesster in this arena place?". And I tell him to trot and he says, "Ok. Gotta cookie?" and I tell him to stop and stand quietly for 3 seconds and he says "Ok. Don't you think we should try out a 12% on the sweet feed?" and I tell him to trot into a box and he says "Ok. Does alfalfa really make horses sick?"

In short (no pun intended) he did awesome. Sure they gave him a 4th of 10 in the obstacle, (but no one there understood it - he was the only mini that backed - honest. I have it on tape.) But that doesn't matter. He did EVERYTHING I asked quietly and not trying to bite me once. And he got first in in-hand-trail. Yes, Jennifer, he made a liar of me big time.

Don't guess he's on the 'for sale' black anymore. In fact, I think I need to take him to the vet. He must be sick.

4 comments:

Cryssy said...

That is great!! Go Hercules! It is so funny that our animals know when to make lairs of us. And it never fails! I think God gave them to us to teach us to laugh and to remind us little humans that the world does not revolve around us but Him. God DOES have a sense of humor!

Amy said...

Looking at you in this picture makes me realize one thing I love most about you, Jackie Hutton. You take such unadulterated joy in things and it spills over to the rest of us. Your pleasure in the blessings of your life makes me look almost ungrateful!! I love you!!

jenn said...

that is a great smile covering your...entire body!! (not just your face:))!!!
i'm glad that he did so good for you!

The Johnsons said...

I can hear the crowd now:
"Hercules! Hercules! Hercules!"
I know who did some real work, too and deserves some cheers:
"Jackie! Jackie! Jackie!"
Congrats!

How is the book/publisher coming along?!