The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Sometimes I just make myself tired.

You know, I really am a deeze wad!

Case in point - Robert is one of those, 'Can do most anything' guys. Electrical? Plumbing? Carptentry? . . .Where did this guy learn all this stuff? I've been married to him 26 years and I know he didn't go to no schools while I was around (me neither judging by my grammar). I mean, it drives me nuts. If you have a busted sprinkler hose, he's all over it. If you have a building that needs to be venilated, he's your man. He's even leveld a room in a house. LEVELED A ROOM IN A HOUSE??? He is very talented at just bout everything.

Another thing he excels at is not being able to say no. Don't matter who needs it, he does it. He volunteers, he takes charge, he drops everything for his work, for little old ladies in the Church, for middle aged balding men . . it don't matter. Robert is simply unable to say no to a one of them.

Except me, of course. And this really gets me furious because I'm in the back of the line - if i made the cut at all. ARRRGGGHH!

. . and then . .

And then I see myself growling at Robert over a the fact that he wants little bit of nothing and two seconds later smiling sweetly at the kid who's dog has just christened my leg. I'll drop my world should anyone call with something they need, be it me or anything else. But I roll my eyes and sigh heavy and deliberately audible sigh when Robert asks me to come see what he's doing in the garage. I actually was able to stand outside myself logically and see myself do that. Sobering. And more than a little humbling.

I think it's time for Jackie to shut up and color.

Yep. Deeze wad. That would be me.

No comments: