The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Time to Fess up

If you're commanded to be silent when you know something is being said that is unscriptural . . isn't that a bad thing? If you squelch truth for the sake of peace . . .that would be on the 'Not A Good Idea' list, right?


I ask that to confess this - I quit the 'non-denominational' Bible study. Hey! They tried to equate circumcisiam with baptism in that they stated it was simply a show of faith. And I wasn't allowed to disagree (even though scripturally I had a case) because I might offend. Might offend the baptist, or the catholics - - why am I surprised? The first time I sat in that 'class' I felt odd because I stated that without Christ there was no chance of salvation. I said something about the muslim faith and man, did it get quiet and uncomfortable.

So I'm not mature enough yet.

But you know what? As I write this it occurs to me that I don't want to be mature in the worlds eyes. ('Oh, you're fine in your walk . . You'll get there. I have no right to judge you on your spiritual journey . . " Well gag me with a spoon and kick me against a barn wall! If you're walking unscripturally, then you'd better get called on it before Christ comes or you're in big trouble. And, by the way, we're COMMANDED to 'estimate behavior' - the word that the world calls judging like it's a cuss word. Check the greek.)

Nope. Forget that. I want to stand for Christ.

The problem now is - how does one come across not like a sledge hammer? I just gotta learn tact.

2 comments:

Jaci said...

i dont know what to say to your blog just wanted to let ya know I was thinking of you guys and that I love you!!! I am working on my blog (I need to get some pics done first) and then I will FINALLY blog again!!!!! :) .. love you guys!!

jenn said...

wow jack, that's powerful stuff pouring from your soul!
if you aproach someone to correct them and they won't then, they won't. if they do not believe they are wrong, they won't want to change, they don't feel they need to and that would make you feel like beating your head, or their head against the barn wall!! i don't know what else to say OR even if i made scense! i love you!