The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Friday, October 13, 2006

I'm Movin On

Just found out that my family is talking trash about me - again. And while this doesn't hurt nearly as much as it used to, still it bothers me. It bothers me because as a Christian, I try to be what Christ intended, a good hearted scum bag who messes up, but refuses to stay down. And that should make for a kind of grudging respect, huh? So it bothers me that I'm obviously blowing it, but not sure how.

What hurts the most is the fact that it's hurting less and less and less. I can remember when words like I heard today would have found me on the floor. Now I can handle the twinge that happens then spend most of the rest of the time being puzzled at their actions. For those of you that have the unfortunate knowledge of my family, you realize there is no way I can call and try to talk/figure this all out. That would be hari cari - did I spell that right?

Nope. I just have to learn to live with this apathetic hole in my life where my sisters and mother used to reside. They don't know me, they don't want to know me, and they won't let me in to their worlds, and Lord help me, I am so, so thankful for that last.

'I've lived in this place and I know all the faces
Each one is different, but they're always the same
They mean me no harm but it's time that I faced it
They'll never allow me to change.
And I never dreamed 'home' would end up where I don't belong.
I'm movin on.'

. . to quote Rascal Flatts.

How in the world do people live without the Church?

3 comments:

Jaci said...

I am so sorry Jackie!!! I love you and I will call you tomorrow because I got some stuff to tell ya!!! and no, not what you are thinking. anyways, call me tomorrow!!! kissey kissey kissey!!!! :)

Amy said...

Jackie - I would love to shake these people because they are missing out on one blessing of a friendship by not having you in their lives. You have got to not give them the power and hold they have on your happiness - it is the way I survived breathing some days when mom was mad at me over some insane nothing.... Focus on us, the ones who love and accept you; we just don't share earthly genetics!! Those people DO NOT deserve you -

I'll see you tomorrow; hang in there!!

jenn said...

to add to amy... we don't share earthly genetics...BUT we are blood kin, it's just on us rather than in us!
i love you and wish that i could wave my magic wand and make your hurt go away, but it's on the fritz right now! i'll pray instead!