The Fam!

The Fam!
All Us Huttons

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Helpless

When I was visiting Jaci, Jah and Julie in Hawaii, I got that call from Barbara. And it made me feel so helpless because there was no way I could be there for her. She was in pain and she was alone and an ocean and a continent separated us. If she needed me, if she was dying, the best I could do would be 20 hours to get to her. Helpless. I was tied so far away that I became effectively useless. And there was nothing worse than that feeling.

. . and then . . .

There was an earthquake in Hawaii today. Two of them. Over 6 on the scale. My three babies - Jaci and Jah and Julie live about 120 miles from the epi center. And I am an ocean and a continent away. They're fine . . . it's all good . . . but I am an ocean and a continent away.

Never think it can't get worse. I hate these lessons.

No comments: